Gotcha Day 3/14/11

Gotcha Day 3/14/11
We are complete

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

The Beginning

We first decided to adopt in September of 2005.  We can have children, but decided we didn't want to have any more because they come early.  We had a daughter named Carlie Mae on July 5, 1997. She was born at 25 weeks and weighed 1lb 11oz.  Sadly she passed away at the age of 5 weeks old.  The hardest day of our lives.  10 months later on April 29, 1998 we had a son Nathan Andrew born at 27 weeks and weighing 1lb 13 oz.  He is 12 now and healthy.

I looked into international adoption because California is not the best state to adopt from because they give the parent too many rights to come back.  Myself and my husband didn't want to adopt a child and turn around and have to give him/her back after a few years because the parents decided they wanted the baby back. I looked into Kazakhstan, Russia, and China. We chose China because overall they are the healthiest babies and girls are mostly given up.  At the time I could just picture myself, my husband, and son with a little Chinese girl.  I still can.

On October 3, 2005 we received our package from Living Hope Adoption Agency and that began our loooooong journey.  This week after 4.5 years of waiting I am expecting a call form our agency telling us our referral is in.

4 comments:

  1. Email me... our Shauna is from Yangxi... or if you leave a message on my blog with your email address I won't publish it... I know TONS of Yangxi families... congrats...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello and congratulations for your referral! Lil Caydence is a little doll!!
    My LID is 09-21-06, and you said you decided to adopt in this date... I don't understand how you can have your referral, as the last cut date is 06-02-06. Can you tell me? It's been a very very long wait for all of us...
    Thank you and greetings from Spain.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Blanca Actually the date we decided to adopt was October 2005 not 2006, That was my mistake. Too much excitement yesterday LOL! Our LID is June 2, 2006

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats! Waiting stinks, and the wait after you receive your referral can be even harder since you've seen her precious face, but at least you can see the that your wait is nearly over!

    ReplyDelete