Gotcha Day 3/14/11

Gotcha Day 3/14/11
We are complete

Saturday, February 5, 2011

New house, new baby, shopping, shopping, and more shopping

The day before yesterday, we FINALLY signed documents for our new house.  So that means the we should close by Wednesday of next week. YAAY!!  I knew this would happen, we would close on our house, and get our referral all together.  So that would give me about 6-7 weeks to get situated in our new house, pack for China, get the nursery ready and shop for a baby and new house stuff.  Obviously that is probably not going to happen, so I'm just gonna get our furniture and stuff in and worry about painting and decorating later. 

I ordered a Magnolia doll for my little Caydence. that is going with me to China.  We also found an Asian Cabbage Patch Kid a few years ago and bought that.  I am so excited to get my girl,  I get to buy and play barbies and dollies again, She is going to be so spoiled and she doesn't even know it yet.

Last night, I decided to get all the baby clothes out that we have been accumulating over the years.  Boy I had no clue how much I had. So instead of packing them away in a box, I packed them for China, today we are going to get a few more P.J's and jeans and then she will be done. That's one less thing on my mind.  If anyone has any suggestions on packing, I would LOVE to hear them.

3 comments:

  1. Found your blog through RQ and thought I'd comment about packing. We went in December and returned Cmas day with our new son (www.youbelong.net/thebelchaks). So, here you go...

    We flew Delta and were allowed a carryon, personal bag (purse, backpack, etc), and two checked bags per person to fly to/from china, with the limit being 50lbs each. HOWEVER, when flying within China, you are allowed only ONE checked bag each, no more than 44lbs each. We did get around that when we found out it was a cummaltive 44lbs per person and our bags were well under that. All this to say pack carefully. Laundry is cheap and well worth it if you take older clothes you don't mind getting abused.

    Have fun getting ready, but don't leave packing till the last minute..do it in stages over a few days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We traveled in August of 2005..I don't even REMEMBER what we took! lol Except stacking cups are so important AND cheerios:)

    Is she a Yangxi baby??? We have a Yangxi girl and this referral photo looks like my daughter Lottie's referral photo. Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such an exciting time. So much easier to buy things for a face and a personality. Enjoy!

    Ruby
    http://gentleyears.weebly.com

    ReplyDelete